Second annual LGBTQ+ ski weekend celebrates community’s diversity and inclusivity with weekend of fun winter activities and engaging events
BEND, OREGON, JANUARY 31, 2019 – OUT Central Oregon, in partnership with Visit Bend and Mt. Bachelor, announce Winter PrideFest 2019, January 31 to February 3. Winter PrideFest is a multi-event weekend taking place in Bend and at Mt. Bachelor, celebrating diversity and inclusivity of our community through various winter activities, social gatherings, and fun events.
OUT Central Oregon was awarded a Catalyst Grant from the Visit Bend Cultural Tourism Fund to help develop Winter PrideFest 2019. Through this generous grant, OUT Central Oregon now expands on the Pacific Northwest’s first LGBTQ+ ski weekend of last year, further promoting Bend as an attractive winter destination for the LGBTQ+ community.
“We’ve put together a special weekend with numerous events for everyone to participate, celebrate, and bring the entire community together. One event not to be missed is Drag Tubing at Mt. Bachelor’s Snowblast tubing park on Saturday, February 2…it’s going to Fab, Frosty, and Fun!” – Jamie Nesbitt, President, OUT Central Oregon.
“Winter PrideFest is an amazing opportunity to celebrate the diversity and inclusivity of the ski and snowboard community here in Central Oregon. We look forward to welcoming everyone to celebrate Winter PrideFest at Mt. Bachelor.” – Drew Jackson, Director of Marketing and Communications, Mt. Bachelor.
The schedule of events for Winter PrideFest 2019 includes:
● Thursday, January 31: Welcoming Snocial at The Box Factory (Immersion Brewing, AVID Cider, and The Brown Owl) (6:00-9:00 pm)
● Friday to Sunday, February 1-3: Alpine and Nordic skiing at Mt. Bachelor
● Friday, February 1: “WIGS…an Ice Breaker” nighttime ice skating at Seventh Mountain Resort. Grab a wig and get out on the ice! (7:00 – 9:00 pm)
● Saturday, February 2: On-mountain music provided by DJ Jen in West Village lodge (11:30 am-4:30 pm); Drag Tubing at Snowblast Tubing park at Mt. Bachelor (2:00 – 3:30 pm); Après ski celebration in West Village lodge (3:00 -5:00 pm)
● Saturday, February 2: “Hey Honey” evening dance party at Silver Moon Brewing with DJ Jason Godfrey and DJ ChellyBean (9:00 pm – 2:00 am) ($10 cover, 21+)
● Sunday, February 3: Sunday Brunch at Hola! in downtown Bend (11:00 am – 2:00 pm)
Additional information about OUT Central Oregon and Winter PrideFest can be found at http://outcentraloregon.com/winter-pridefest